Monday, August 8, 2011

Weekend Update

It was a long weekend.  Donna ruined our plans for Friday night.  Matt worked on Saturday morning, then we spent the entire day cleaning the house for his Mom's birthday party.  We had his family over Saturday night for the party.  Sunday we slept in a bit - then he was gone, ALL DAY.  I finally saw him at 8 last night.  I feel like I didn't get to spend any time with him this weekend, and it was our weekend without the kids.  It was our weekend to have some "us" time, and that didn't happen.  I was in a HORRIBLE mood yesterday, and I am glad the damn weekend is over, and I am back to work today. 

I did pretty good on my diet over the weekend.  I did have a few glasses of lemonade at the party on Saturday.  I know I didn't drink nearly enough water, and I did have ONE small piece of dessert - but I made it, and it was strawberries, and light or fat free everything.  Still probably not the best, but it was better than the cookie cake that is still oh so temptingly sitting on my kitchen counter.   I did watch my portions, and stayed away from all the bad stuff. 

I have been eating a lot more slowly, and I think that is actually helping more than anything.  Plus, my food diary has been a big help.  One of the girls at work is doing the Atkins diet.  She recommended this calorie counter app for blackberry.  I downloaded it, and it IS pretty cool, but I think I will keep my food diary just the same.  I am excited for payday this week, so I can go get the Jillian Michaels DVD, and the protein powder. 

My goal here is to lose 10 lbs a month.  I will do a monthly weigh in on the blog, and update not just my weight, but all of my measurements too.  That being said, I got on the scale this morning, since it has been a week - and I was EXCITED!!!  Hopefully I can keep this momentum up until weigh in day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment