Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Decisions, Decisions....

So, it's Day 3, but not really.  Geeze!  I should have planned this out a little better.  I have changed my mind, yet again, but I think this is for the better...  I have got a lot to talk about today, and it's probably going to be long, because I tend to ramble... so hang with me!  :) 

First things first....

I am astonished by some of the responses I have gotten to this blog.  Everyone has been responding on FB.  Some comments I have seen during work, and some have come through on my phone.  Some I did not even see until yesterday - because my phone is a piece of crap.  I deleted the notifications on my blackberry, and it
actually DELETED the message and all of the responses!  So, number one, could someone respond, again, to the message I sent, so I can retrieve all of that information?  Please and thanks...

Number two - you guys have made me feel very humble.  As I was reading some of the responses I have gotten last night, I was in tears.  Matt asked me what was wrong with me - I said "Nothing is wrong.  I have got the best friends anyone could ever ask for."  The love and support that I get from you guys is very humbling - especially when I go back and read some of the stuff I posted on this very blog last year.  I am TRULY thankful for all of my girls.  I never knew that I was seen as a strong person.  Some of what has been said has caught me off guard - and I'm thinking - "Who are THEY talking about?"  I never set out to be a motivator, or an inspiration.  I just didn't (and don't) want to be fat anymore.  But I love that other people are thinking about their health too. So, for those of you getting ready to start your own journeys...  feel free to share with me what you are up to too!!!  It's a hell of a lot easier to do something like this when you know you are not alone. 

Alright, enough of the lovey-dovey crap.  Lets get down to business.  :)

So on the way home from work yesterday, I talked to everyone's favorite HOJ (that would be Heather Jo, for those of you that don't know all 87 of her nicknames).  Now, HoJ is like, my little personal fitness guru.  She has got an amazing story herself.  She has lost a lot of weight - and did it the right way.  Eating right, and exercising.  No magic pills - no starvation diets.  Just hard work. 

One of the things I asked her about was a detox.  I have read about these, and how it is really the best way to start when you are begining a long term fitness regimin.  She recommended one - and I decided to do some research.  And after all was said and done - I picked a detox.  The exact one HoJ had recommended.  The 3 Day Fruit Flush.  This particular detox literally flushes your system of all of the impurities and toxins inside your body.  And by the time the detox is over, it has washed away your cravings for all of the junk too.  It is a balance of protein shakes, fruits, water, and veggies.  The only problem with this is, I don't have the protein mix.  I need to go buy some, which will have to wait until I get paid again.  I know it is not that expensive, but a budget is a budget, and damnit - I am sticking to that too! 

Then, I have been thinking about what workout I want to do.  I have gone back and forth trying to decide between P90x, and Insanity.  And if I am really honest with myself, I don't believe I am physically ready for either of them.  I have done Turbo Jam in the past - and that is what I was thinking for this first 30 days too but, I kinda feel like I need a fresh start.  I think that is why I was looking into P90x and Insanity to begin with.  So here comes Heather again.  She gives me a great idea yesterday.  Jillian Michaels. 

Jillian Michaels is the trainer from The Biggest Loser (this is already sounding right up my alley).  She does a 20 minute interval training.  20 minutes?!?!  I can certainly fit THAT into my cRaZy schedule.  So what do I do?  Research.  Duh.  Turns out Interval training is the BEST thing you can do to lose weight.  This workout by Jillian, called the 30 Day Shred, is 3 rounds of 3-2-1 interval training.  3 minutes of strength training, 2 minutes of cardio, and 1 minute of abs.  And the best part?  It is $9.98 at Walmart.  =D  Super happy face. 

So there are some good things, and some bad things here.  The good news is, I have a plan.  The bad news is, I can't start my plan yet.  rawr!!!  Turns out, part of the Fruit Flush is that you are not supposed to work out while doing it.  Because it is SO low calorie, it's not healthy to work out while doing the detox.  And my focus here is not just losing weight, but making a change, and living a HEALTHY life.  So, until I can get the stuff to make my protein shakes, I am kind of on hold.  However, I am continuing to eat right, drink right, and exercise.

Yesterday, I drank all the water I was supposed to.  I went to the grocery and bought organic FRESH fruit and veggies.  I got things like tuna, salmon, lean chicken, nuts (almonds, god love em), yougurt, whole grain pasta and bread.  I was actually kinda proud of my cart.  No junk.  No chips.  No cookies.  No high sugar cereals.  NO MOUNTAIN DEW!!!  When you mix good, healthy foods, and the right portions (which has always been my biggest problem), it's a recipe for success.  =)  I ate before dark last night, and had no late night munchies (#Patsselfonback).  I also swam with the kids last night, after doing laps until I thought my arms were going to fall off.

So even without Turbo Jam, I still ate right, and exercised last night.  I am excited about my new plan.  And the way I look at it, by the time I actually start the 30 day shred, I will have already started eating right, getting used to exercising every night, and maybe have already lost a few pounds. 

My eyes are on the prize.  And for this fat kid, the prize ain't cake.  It's being proud of myself, who I am, the goals I have set and accomplished.  And maybe wearing lingerie with the lights ON.  =/  Maybe. 

Oh - and one more thing.  I took the "before" pictures last night.  It's not pretty.  I am pale and fat and ugh.  Just HORRIBLE pictures.  But that is part of this.  The person who was photographed last night is now in the past.  But I am posting them on here - tonight.  So be ready.  Have your vomit buckets ready.  And say goodbye to the fatty in the pictures, because it is the LAST time you will see her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment