Monday, August 15, 2011

Another Weekend Update

Ahhhhh - where to begin?  It's been a long couple of days.  I was sick as hell on Friday and ended up leaving work early.  We got the kids back on Friday night.  Saturday, I felt much better.  I guess I just had one of those 24 hour bugs or something.  We took the kids to Kings Island for the day, stopped by another park on the way home, and had family movie night.  We packed our lunches at KI, so that was good, but that was all I ate that day, so not so good.   Sunday I did stuff around the house, went grocery shopping, and went to the in-laws for dinner.  Homemade pizza!  Which was actually pretty good!  Mary made one for us, since we are both dieting.  We had a whole wheat crust, brushed in olive oil, with fresh mozerella cheese, yellow squash, and something else - but it was SO GOOD!  Plus, throw in a big old salad, and dinner was de-lish.  :)  I did slack though.  I did not keep my food diary this weekend.  I didn't eat when I was supposed to.  I skipped breakfast, and was eating WAY late.  But that is OKAY - because I am right on track for where I am supposed to be for the month!  And today - it really begins.

Today starts the fruit flush.  Today I get no food until dinner.  I know, it sounds awful!  LOL  I get a protein shake every two hours from 8 to 4.  I have to drink 8-12oz of water after each shake.  Then tonight, I get a huge salad with any kind of veggies I want, plus lemon juice and olive oil for the dressing.  I bought the protein powder yesterday, but I still have not tried it, so this should be interesting.  Hopefully I can swallow the stuff.  It's a chocolate powder that you can mix with water or skim milk.  I am going with the milk.  Chocolate and water just don't sound right together. 

From everything I read, it sounds like you can lose 8-10 pounds during this 3 day flush.  Now, that is not 10 pounds of fat, by any means.  It is mostly water weight, but you will lose some weight by getting rid of the extra waste that I am getting out of my system.  So I wanted to see how much I lost from the fruit flush alone - so I weighed in first thing this morning. I am only going to list the stats that my scale gives me, because I didn't do all the measurements. 

Weight:  226.8
Water %:  39.7
Muscle Lbs:  58.2
Body Fat %:  45.6
BMI:  32.1

No comments:

Post a Comment