Friday, February 22, 2013

Still gettin it!

Okay, so last night when I got home from work, Matt told me that his mom was making her famous chicken and rice. I'm sure he did not mind getting out of making dinner, but I didn't mind since I can't have lasagna anyway (I gave up pasta for Lent). When we got to the house, she was running late with dinner. By the time dinner was finished, we had eaten, and we got the kids rounded up and ready to leave, it was already 7:00.

I had my mind made up. I was doing this tonight. I rushed Matt and the kids out of the house, dropped them off, and headed to the gym. Tonight's workout seemed easier than the last one. I didn't have to think about my breathing as much this time, and it seems like the intervals were done before I knew it. I impressed myself with this because I also tried to run faster tonight and put the incline up just a little bit higher.

I really pushed myself. On the last interval, I decided that I was going to try to run at 5, which was a half a mile faster than I had run the entire time.

Today, I took advantage of my off day by doing the Zumba Toning. Now, I don't have the maracas so I just used my two pound weights. Holy. Hell. To be honest, I only did 30 minutes and quit. I don't even know how long that DVD is. But those 30 minutes definitely kicked my ass. And I was pretty proud I did it, because I really, *really* didn't want to.

And I had a NSV today. Kinda. Lol

I talked to my mom tonight, as I do every day of my life. I told her about my workouts last night and today. My mom is a walker. She walks a few days a week, and is working on losing some weight. She told me tonight that when she was walking today, she noticed some people her age gathering for an exercise class. After she was done walking, she went and asked a staff member about the class.

It's a silver sneakers program that meets twice a week, and is catered to seniors. And she signed up!!! She said I had inspired her to work harder on being healthier, and she is going to do the class in addition to her walks.

That's kind of an NSV, right? Either way, I am one proud daughter right now. Her first class is next Wednesday. I told her she's going to have to do a guest blog post about it... She'll never do it, but I can't wait to hear about it!

See ya tomorrow!!

FatGirl

No comments:

Post a Comment