Monday, February 20, 2012

Already regretting this idea...

I did something today that I have never done before.  I opened this blog to the public.  I took a long time to think about it, and well - something's gotta give.  On myfitnesspal.com, they have an area for you to blog in, which I thought would be silly, since I am already doing it here.  So I invited all my followers from mfp.com to join me here.  Then, I really surprised myself.  I went to Facebook, and I made a post inviting anyone to follow.  Now, while I did not just send the link out to all of FB world, this was a big step for me.  The people from MFP don't know me.  They have never met me.  I will never see these people.  So I asked myself, "is this really accountability?"  Would I care to lie to a complete stranger, and say "Heeeyyyyy!!  Doing fan-fuckin-tastic!  I ran eleventy miles today, ate two sticks of celery, lost 26 pounds, and had to go buy a whole new wardrobe.  Today was a success!!!"  Probably not, because who would hold me accountable?  (Sorry MFP fans, just tryin to be honest here.  Don't judge me.) 
I don't have to share everything with everyone on Facebook.  And lets be honest, I think maybe 5 people might actually care.  So I invited people to participate.  If you want to be there for me, that is excellent - because I know me, and I know that in order to succeed, I need a lot of support and encouragement.  I need feedback, and constructive criticism, and congrats when I have achieved something I set out to do.  Otherwise, I let go.  I fall back on myself, and on this prison shank I have slowly been whittling out of a toothbrush since I became overweight at what, 17, 18 years old?  And then the weight comes back, and I do what any normal, rational person would do.  I try to eat my weight in oreo cookies, because I feel eating my feelings is better than dealing with the issue at hand. 
So - for those of you just joining us (and by us, I mean me) here's how this usually goes.  I do really well for a few days.  I post a lot.  Then I begin to fade, just a bit.  Then I realize that no one is actually reading anything that I am writing, and I go on a horrendous rant that usually offends someone that is still with me.  (Sorry Dana.  Love you.)  Then I apologize, kick it back into full gear, until the cycle repeats, and I fall on my self created prison shank of self-loathing and pity.  I wallow in my own sorrow and depression and fat rolls until I can't stand it anymore.  And then... Ohhhh Haaaii.  I'm back and doing this again. 
The point is this:  The cycle needs to end here.  No more bobbing and weaving.  No more excuses, no more vicious cycle.  Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.  He's a liar (and also lives in my head, just FYI).  Something has got to start happening.  I don't want to live like this anymore, and it's not just being fat.  I am tired of the excuses, the reasoning, the bullshit, and the depression.  I need to set a higher standard for myself.  I keep talking about setting examples for my kids.  I think maybe I should back that up, and worry about setting an example for myself first. 
So - if this is your first time here, welcome to my own personal hell. I normally write like I am talking to myself, because I honestly believe no one else will ever read this.  I ramble, I complain, and I cuss like a sailor.  Am I partially crazy?  Yes, but if you know me, you probably already knew that.  Also, you may want to go back and read a post from 08/01/2011 called "The very first post".  It will give you a better idea of why (and when) I started this journey in the first place.  Hope you enjoy my emotional roller coaster. 
I don't.  This ride sucks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment