Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Not too Shabby....

I am pretty impressed with myself.  I did every single thing I said I was going to do yesterday.  I got home after work, kissed the man of my dreams, and then kicked him out of the house.  I started with the 100 PUC, so I knew I would have my full strength for the fitness test.  I know I didn’t explain it yesterday, so here it is.  I have ZERO upper arm body strength.  NONE.  I am so fat, and so weak, that I cannot even support my own body weight.  Yesterday while I was on MFP, I found a thread about the 100 Push UP Challenge.  I read about it online, and realized in about 2 minutes this is what I need.  It’s a training/conditioning program for pushups!  It’s a 6 week program, and if you follow it the right way, supposedly at the end of the 6 weeks, you will be able to complete 100 push-ups.  It is a great compound exercise as it works several muscle groups,  It will be perfect for helping me to build up my upper body strength, and helping me tone my arms, back, and the ugly armpit fat on my bra line.  I was all in.  Having my full strength didn’t do me a whole lot of good.  I was able to do 1.  Honestly, if we are talking about a true, good form push up, I can do 1, and even that is not pretty.  So I decided to modify it.  The first round – I will be doing the knee or “girl” push-ups.  Then, once I build my strength up some – I’ll go round two, and try to do big boy push-ups. 

Anyhoo – after the fitness test, and the Day 1 PUC, I completed day 3 of the 30DS.  I did much better today.  My endurance is definitely building.  I was able to complete all of the exercises except for the push-ups (surprise, surprise) and the bicycle crunches.  F those bad boys.  Just another thing to work on.  I was very proud that I was able to finish the squat presses, and the side lunges with the anterior raises.  I had a huge smile on my face when I would hear her say “Just two more”…  I really can do this!  And I never thought I would be smiling during a workout.  BIG steps yesterday!!!

After my workout, I went to the store and picked up some chicken breasts, asparagus, some apples, and some flavored water packets.  When we got home, I talked Matt into taking the dogs on a walk with me.  It wasn’t very long – but definitely a step in the right direction.  I fixed a very healthy, well-proportioned meal.  I had apples and peanut butter for a snack.  No pasta.  No bread.  No rice.  No sweets.  No ice cream.  I drank my water, ate breakfast, and did NO late night snacking!

So now I have just one more question…  Who is this person, and how in the hell do I make sure she stays around?!?!  J

No comments:

Post a Comment