Friday, February 24, 2012

Well... THAT didn't go as planned...

I used my first 30DS skip day yesterday.  BOO.  I really didn't want to use one on the second damn day.  Here is how my night went.  Got home from work - got my workout shirt on, pulled on my workout pants, took about 10 steps to get my shoes, and my pants were falling down.  Good news/bad news here.  Good news is, they don't fit anymore.  The bad news?  I can't work out with no pants.  I needed to go grocery shopping anyway - so I just threw my black work pants back on, and told Matt I was going to the store.  He decided he wanted to come with me.  THAT turned into us going to Lowes.  And Walmart.  And Meijer.  And birthday shopping for Nate.  And us not getting home until 8.  By the time I fixed dinner, ate, and cleaned the kitchen, it was 9:30.  And then Idol was on.  And then I went to bed at 10:30, and was out before Matt had the chance to say goodnight. 
It just didn't happen.  It's not that I made a conscious effort NOT to work out - life just got in the way last night.  I did however walk over a mile and half (according to my pedometer) while shopping at the 3 stores.  So - while there was no Jillian, I was more active than I normally am.  Doesn't matter though - this still counts as a skip day. 
I bought lots of healthy food at the store last night.  Fruits and veggies, chicken, tuna, whole grain pasta, low fat cheeses, peanut butter, almonds, etc.  I did the "perimeter" shopping last night, and was thoroughly impressed with myself.  I did have to walk about two feet into an aisle twice for the Tuna and the peanut butter. 
I made Skyline last night.  I had 3 way with whole grain pasta, and low fat cheese.  I snacked on some pretzels, and drank almost a gallon of water.  I was probably 8-16 ounces short.  But, when I got on the scale this morning, the number was lower than it was yesterday morning, which was SUPER  exciting!!  I packed my lunch today - Tuna (it's Friday), hard boiled eggs, banana,  apple, and almonds.  I wasn't sure what I would be in the mood for, so I just grabbed a bunch of stuff, both salty and sweet. 
This weekend will be the real test.  It's Friday.  I need to get into workout mode, because as of right now, I'm not feeling it.  I have so much to do around the house to get ready for Nate's birthday party tomorrow.  I need to PROMISE myself that I AM going to workout tonight.  And tomorrow.  And Sunday. 
Damnnit.  Someone yell at me please.  I am already feeling myself backing out of my own damn challenge. 
NOT a good day. 

Update:  My hard boiled eggs were bad.  And my Banana was not ripe.  This isn't working for me today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment