Wednesday, February 22, 2012

40 Day Shred

Today is Ash Wednesday.  It is an interesting day for me, and one that I have been contemplating (on multiple levels) for a while.  I have not participated in this day in many years.  I was born and raised Catholic, but my faith was tested several years ago.  I have been through some things in my life that really made me question everything I thought I believed in.  
 
I have been making a lot of personal changes this year.  Life CHANGING changes.  I have a lot of goals that I would like to achieve, and I have set the ball in motion on many of them.  One of those is to get back to my faith, and to get back to God.  He and I have some issues we need to work out, but we can't fix our problems if we are not speaking.  So - I have a meeting with one of the Parishioners at St. Johns this evening before the 7 o'clock mass.  I am registering as a parishioner, and I will be attending Mass tonight to begin the Lenten season off right. 
 
My next train of thought was - what to give up for Lent?  I was always taught that it is supposed to be something difficult to give up.  I immediately thought of Facebook - which would be extremely difficult for me.  But since I am using social networking to assist me in my weight loss journey - that's probably not the best idea.  So - what can I give up that would be hard, but would also help in achieving another goal?  I finally decided on Soft Drinks.  No Mt. Dew.  No Diet whatever.  And no kool-aid either.  None.  Zip.  Zero.  Zilch.  I can have coffee, tea, juice, water.  That's it.  Ooooohhh.  And wine and beer.  Shut it - St. Patty's Day falls in this time frame, and I am and Irish Catholic.  Whaddaya want from me?!?! 
 
I also heard a friend of mine talking about the good they were taking on.  I don't *think* I have done this - give up something bad for you, take on something good.  So I am going to do this too.  I thought it would be the perfect time to start back up my 30 Day Shred.  40 days in Lent, 30 days to complete the shred.  So, today is day one!  Tonight, I will take the "official" measurements - which I will post tomorrow.  Then 30 minutes of circuit training!  There are 3 levels of intensity on the DVD.  The plan is to do each level for 10 days.  So let's just call it the 40 day shred!!! 
 
I am really excited about this.  I want to see EXACTLY how much I can accomplish in just 40 days!  Then, I am going to take a picture with Dana on Easter - and post the one from last year!  I want to see a side by side comparison of what I have pulled off in a year! 
 
So - see you Fattys tomorrow!  Weigh in, measurements, stats, and an update of how horrible of a person Jillian Michaels is coming soon!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment