Monday, February 20, 2012

Progress?

I went on a bit of a rant last week.  I got myself all pumped up.  I found a bunch of inspiring quotes, and helpful tips - and "do these 10 exercises every morning" sheets.  I printed them all out.  I updated myfitnesspal.com account.  I wrote on my blog.  I had had ENOUGH!
 
And then I went home and sat on the couch. 
 
Mother Fucker!!!!
 
Arrgggg!  I hate the cold, so I don't want to go outside.  I hate jumping around inside the house because I feel like I am going to end up in the garage below my living room.  I cannot get up in the mornings - I usually wake up 10-20 minutes before I walk out the door, and even that is only getting 5-6 hours of sleep.  I just don't know what I am going to do about the exercise part.  Hopefully, with either my Tax Returns, or my April bonus check, I will be able to buy the treadmill I have been wanting. 
 
Regardless, I did make some good choices last week.  I tried to drink more water, and less soft drinks.  I tried to eat more fruit and veggies instead of another handful of chips.  And I lost 2.30 pounds.  My goal has always been 2 lbs a week - and I met that.  I have to be okay with that.  But I also have to get moving.  I need to work out, walk, dance, roller skate - something! 
 
Maybe I am the kind of person that can't do it all at once - and maybe that is why I have never been fully successful.  Last week, I made a few better choices.  This week I'll make a few more.  If I keep building and building, I should get there -eventually.  I have to keep reminding myself that I didn't just wake up one morning 62.5 pounds heavier than I was when I went to sleep.  I put that weight on over time, and it's going to have to come back off the same way.   
 
62.5 pounds to go!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment