Thursday, December 8, 2016

It's been a while... again.


Sorry about that. 

Per usual, I did really good for a few days, and then fell off pretty quickly. Because, you know, laziness and life and stuff. 

And then, on a random Tuesday about 2 weeks ago, I started back.  I posted on Facebook that day saying "Not waiting until New Years, no more tomorrows.  Doing it today.  Doing it for Me."  And I haven't stopped.  I have REALLY been watching what I eat.  I’ve been weighing food, and measuring portions.  If we do go out, I’ve been trying to make better choices, like the salad bar, rather that the Big Boy, fries and unlimited refills on Pepsi.  I’ve been drinking ALL of my water every day. 

I’ve been to the gym at least 3 days both weeks.  I’ve been working on the stair master and the treadmill.  I’m not great at either, but I try, and I go back every time.  And every time I try to go just a little bit longer without a break, just a little bit faster, and just a little bit more time on the machines.  I am pushing myself to be better every day.  The first day, I spent 4.5 minutes on the stair master.  In that time, I climbed 15 floors.  Today, I was up to 8.5 minutes, and climbed 29 floors.  On the first day on the treadmill, I walked at 3.2mph for 20 minutes, and went exactly 1 mile.  Today – I spent 10 minutes on the treadmill doing walk/run intervals at 3.2/5.0, and traveled .64 miles.  I have been going to the gym on my lunch, so I only have a limited amount of time, but I have found that I push myself harder, because I want to get the most of the time that I do have. 

I’ve also been doing both a squat challenge, and an arm challenge, doing squats, push-ups, planks and chair dips every day.  Yesterday was my rest day from the gym, and even though I did 90 squats (yes – 90), and the arm challenge, I felt lazy for not going to the gym.  Today, I got stuck in traffic on the way there, and didn’t have as much time as usual.  I worked even harder.  I just don’t have time for excuses anymore – and even better – I’m starting to recognize when I am making excuses for myself.  I realized today on the way back to the office that I actually missed this.  I have missed working out, and the rush you feel afterwards.  It’s only been a few days, but I am already noticing changes.  And not just in my jeans.  It’s mostly been in my confidence, my overall mood, and in my sleep.  It may seem silly… but I already feel…. Healthier. 

I’m not perfect, and I know that.  THIS time, I am not setting crazy goals, or insane restrictions.  I understand that life happens.  I have just made a promise to myself to try to be better to myself.  To be a better mom, and a better wife.  And sometimes that means doing something to take care of myself.  Some days I will be more successful than others.  But one bad day does not negate all of the good days.  I am strong, and getting stronger every day – physically, mentally, and spiritually. 

I.  CAN.  DO.  THIS. 

No comments:

Post a Comment