Monday, September 17, 2012

The Ladies will understand....

Let me preface this by saying - my male readers may want to skip this post.  It will be of NO interest to you.  Seriously.  GTFO now.  Unless you want to understand your wife/girlfriend/friend/daughter's time of the month better. 

Really?  The first day?  I missed the first damn day of my morning workouts?  I am beyond frustrated, but I am sure that has a lot to do with the reason why I missed the first damn workout.  And why I have been so fatigued the last few days.  And irritable.  Yup.  You guessed it.  My lovely time of the month.  It was right on time - but it caught me off guard because I didn't have the normal symptoms.  I have never been fatigued with my TOM before in my life - that I can remember.  I usually am pretty irritable (just ask Matt), but the cramps are my number one signal.  Since I was 12 years old, cramps start 3 days before, and I have really bad back pain.  This time - I was just tired and eating like crazy.  I thought that either I had pushed myself too hard working out, or I was getting sick. 

I was exhausted yesterday.  Matt let me sleep until almost 11.  I woke up, went running, went to Lil Miss' soccer game, and I was ready for BED at 7:30 last night.  Literally.  I hung in until around 9:45 - then went to bed.  And it started around 11 - the cramps, the lower back pain, the heat flashes and cold sweats.  There was no warning.  It was already here.  I took medicine, and used a heating pad, and tried multiple hot showers.  Between all that, and rocking like a crazy person, and laying in the fetal position, I MAY have gotten two hours of sleep last night.  MAY.  I was NOT going to cut that down to an hour to try to get up to work out.  I am barely functioning as it is.  I am exhausted, and hungry, and cranky, and bloated, and crampy, and NOW I'm pissed. 

Why?  Why Mother Nature, did you decide to drop this on me today?  I was ready to go.  I laid my clothes out last night.  I moved the furniture in the living room.  I put the DVD in the player, and had my weights and everything ready to go.  I had mentally prepared myself to get up early.  I even went to bed early.  And you decide to just DROP in, unannounced?!?!   That's some bullshit right there.  You are purposely trying to sabotage me - and I don't like it.  So today,  I am going to go home, and just do what I can.  Right now, I am so tired, I keep daydreaming about falling asleep at my desk, and waking up with the imprint of my keyboard on my forehead.  I can't imagine going home and doing ONE workout, let alone two.  Hopefully I can muster up enough energy to do one workout, and that will wake me up enough to do the second - but I am not making any promises about doing either.

OR - maybe I should just plan on going home, getting in a hoodie and some yoga pants, and curling up on the couch with a heating pad and a percocet. 

Yep.  I think I'll go with Plan B today.    Tomorrow's another day. 

<3 - TheFatGirl

No comments:

Post a Comment