Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Happy New Year!

Er….  Um…. 10 days late. 

My bad – I’ve been busy!  This is the busiest time of year for us at work – meaning OT almost every day, the kids are back to school, and just for fun – I was selected for Grand Jury duty!  Yay!!  (Insert eye-roll here).  Actually, the Jury Duty isn’t that bad… it’s just trying to make up the missed time at work that is the struggle. 

That being said – I haven’t quit.  I started a new monthly challenge (well, two, actually), and I’ve stuck to it – every day.  I’ve also kept up with going to the gym 3 times a week.  Plus, with this new challenge, well… it’s pretty intense.  And it gets worse (better?) every day.  What started as maybe 5 minutes on the 1st will probably end up being closer to 30 minutes by the end of the month.  The second challenge is a photo challenge that helps document your weight loss journey.

I still haven’t seen major losses on the scale – but that’s okay.  I’m only off by about a pound from where I wanted to be by now, and I know that my body is still trying to figure out just what the hell is going on.  If I keep going, It’s gonna give.  It has to.  I AM still losing weight, and inches.  My percentage of body fat is moving in the right direction, my BMI is changing, and I am starting to SEE changes.  Little ones, but changes. 

And then there’s the workouts.  OH the workouts!!!  Today, I killed it.  And I was SO excited, I was posing for selfies on the Stair Master, and didn’t care who was looking or laughing at me.  So here’s what happened.  The last time I checked in, I was excited because I had surpassed the 4.5 minute mark without stopping.  TODAY – I went 6.5 minutes, and even then, I only stopped for about 45 seconds, then got back on, and didn’t stop until it was over. 

YOU.  GUYS. 

I walked the equivalent of 36 flights of stairs and took ONE break for less than a minute.  I feel like ROCKY at the top of the museum steps!  Every day, I push for just 30 seconds more.  Just 30 more seconds.  I can do ANYTHING for 30 seconds.  Except snakes.  I can’t handle snakes for any amount of time.  Ew.  One day – SOON – I will be posting that I went the whole 10.5 minutes without stopping.  Something that on the first day, I thought was absolutely impossible. 

I am doing impossible things.  And right now, DAY 30 of this new challenge looks impossible – but I thought that about the stair master too.  I CAN do this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment