Tuesday, February 7, 2017

February Update


We are already a week into February… and for me, it goes by especially quick.  My birthday was last week (Groundhogs day), so the first week usually passes fast with the celebrations and normal day to day life.  While I may have used last week to splurge just a bit as far as food goes, I didn’t skimp on my workouts.  I didn’t indulge in a bunch of cake or ice cream – but I did have one slice of my favorite pineapple upside down cake.  I did indulge in pasta, and a few bites of not so healthy appetizers – and more than a few drinks.  I believe I budgeted my calories wisely though, because after the good stuff, I’m still maintaining where I was last week.  It’s not a loss – but I’ll take it. 

When it comes to working out – not only did I get my 3 days in at the gym, I also began two new challenges.  I decided on a different squat challenge to continue at work, and then an arm challenge for the house.  I really don’t like my arms, and need to work on upper body, so I thought that would be a good choice.  On top of all that – I got a pretty sweet birthday present – a new rowing machine!  I’m still new to it, and my body is still adjusting, but right now I am getting in between 400-600 strokes (which takes me about 20-30 minutes).  I do have to take breaks, but I’ll get there.  Right now, my top is 150 strokes before I need to rest.  Eventually, I’d like to get to the full 30 minutes without stopping.  It’s good cardio, and is a great total body workout.  I’m really looking forward to the February “After” pictures! 

I also did a Super Bowl Challenge…. 10 squats for this, tricep dips for that, burpees for a field goal, etc.  I was so active during the game, my husband joked I’d lose 50 pounds by the trophy presentation. 

Now that I’ve let go of the excuses, I’m figuring out that I can exercise anywhere at any time.  Since the parties have now passed, it’s time to tighten up on my food just a bit, and see where the month takes me.  I’m GOING to do this! 

No comments:

Post a Comment